We understand that every motor trade is different, therefore every insurance policy should be flexible to reflect that difference. We have taken the time to produce a package that gives you the flexibility to choose the insurance solution that’s right for your client. A motor trades insurance policy will cover:
- An unspecified motor cover for:
- Customer vehicles, includes the motor trade staff driving customer’s vehicles for activities such as test driving
- Sale of vehicles, includes customer test driving and motor trade staff driving the vehicles.
- Loan and courtesy vehicles, includes the customer and motor trade staff driving the vehicles.
- Building and contents cover for the associated property and stock, with associated crime, general property, fidelity and engineering sections
- A “combined” Liability policy (Public/Product liability)
- Liability cover extended to include faulty workmanship as standard
- Business interruption cover for the shortfall in your gross profit caused by the interruption to your business after you’d had an insured loss.
- Mechanical or electrical machinery breakdown cover
A motor trade is a business that provides trade services to vehicles at the retail level. It employs mechanics, technicians and related trades to repair or maintain the vehicles for customers. Mainstay Underwriting does not offer cover to motor trades or manufacturers from a home / residential location.
Our tailored solution is designed exclusively for your client’s dealership by people who understand their industry. You can have peace of mind that your client’s assets and liabilities are covered by a specialist policy.
Mainstay Underwriting's long-standing insurance professionals aim to generate business continuity and loyalty between our underwriters, industry brokers and their clients. If you would like to know more about Mainstay Underwriting, please contact us.
For an online quotation, please use our Motor Trades portal- Online Quote