Mainstay Online Quotations
Currently Mainstay has developed a portal for the Motor Trades. Whilst our turnaround times will be significantly quicker on the portal, we still need to underwrite each risk and we may still need to refer to London. However, you will get an immediate indicative quote and once bound you can retrieve the invoice / schedule / CoC at any time without needing to request the document from us.
To help you get the most out of our portal, there’s a few points to note.
- Our appetite includes all Motor Trades such as
- Panel Beaters / Smash Repairers,
- Mechanical, Auto-Electricians, Upholstery, etc.
- Tyre Retailers,
- Motor Trade Retailers (parts / tools).
- Unfortunately our appetite does not include:
- Car wreckers / dismantlers / recycling (including where the neighbouring property is one of these),
- Tow Trucks for Accident or Breakdown activities, the Tow Trucks will need to be placed elsewhere,
- Where the Principal’s experience is less than 3 year in the industry,
- Repair of boats / jet ski / other water vehicles,
- Tyre manufacturing, retread or rebuilding,
- Inadequate security at the premises,
- Professional Indemnity (PI)/ Errors and Omissions (E&O); Tax Audit; or Management Liability (ML),
- Servicing / Repair of heavy vehicles, including prime movers.
- Additional items to assist you with your quoting include:
- 5 year claims history on an insurer’s letterhead is required prior to binding cover,
- Smash repairers and Panel beaters will require monitored smoke detectors (in all areas where there is vehicles),
- Where the property is above the 26th parallel we cannot provide Cyclone / storm cover,
- Where the property is in a Bush Fire area, we cannot provide bush fire cover,
- We are comfortable with spray booths, as long as they’re maintained correctly.
Mainstay Online Quotation